Monday, August 22, 2011

So I'm still in the northern hemisphere

Just waiting to get on that south bound plane majigger from LAX, which is quite frankly, one of the shittiest airports ever, only second shittiest to Berlin.  The gate I'm in is a 6 platform--about 30 meter cell space--confine, besting Berlin by a whopping 5 platforms actually, so not too shabs.   I've been hear for the past 8 hours looking for loopholes in the T-Mobile airport wifi monopoly and I've finally found one just outside the AirFrance VIP lounge, those careless, careless frenchies, can't password protect for shit.  Anyways after a brief Skype chatty with Bern I was at last motivated to crank out the sister spawn of the late departed bloggy you all know and love as "The Most Awesome Blog Evvvvaaaa."  Yes dudies, let those good old times reading about my life roll once again.  

This might be an interesting little ditty for ya: the fact that I am even in this crappy ass airport about to get on this 2 day hell ride seems at once both completely shocking and definitively inevitable to me in a wholly simultaneous and equal measure.  The other day I was attending a wedding just outside of Vancouver as a plus one of a family that really, I'd just met.  A week before that I was driving down the Western coastline of my great nation, precisely a year of college, with a knot of anticipation in my stomach.   Two weeks before that I was in Uruguay, visiting my family, without a fucking clue as to what was going to happen in my immediate future, when my time there was up.  Crossing borders, immigration officers will ask me what I do, where I live, and it's all become so convoluted and complex. 

I have no job, no home, no concrete plans.  I buy my tickets, make my decisions always within days of the action.  These incessant changes in plans and space and time, they are my place, my occupation, so natural they roll fluidly over me.  Now I'm going to Australia and the logistics are terrifying and its so damned far away from all these people and things in my heart.  I feel like I was cornered really, had no choice in the matter. But in my gut I know that it's right impulsively, instinctively, and paradoxically that gives me an enormous sense of control and well-being. This is the most romantic thing I've ever done and I can't help myself from doing it.  I don't have any grasp on much of anything anymore, no notion of home, or path, or even of the absurd or the ridiculous because I have love and it's what I want and it drives me.  I feel so terrifically, emphatically alive.  

1 comment:

  1. You are undoubtedly and unbelievably free.

    I love you boo boo; please be safe.

    ReplyDelete